- You are here:
- GT Home
Team members are from the College of Sciences and College of Engineering:
- Ananya Jain, research leader, School of Materials Science and Engineering (MSE)
- Kenji Bomar, School of Physics
- Heyinn Rho, MSE
- Anmbus Iqbal, School of Mechanical Engineering
- Sara Thomas Mathew, School of Mathematics
- José Andrade, School of Aerospace Engineering
- Savannah Berry, School of Biological Sciences
Kennda Lynch believes certain microorganisms in Pilot Valley must be using perchlorate as energy source. Because no one knows what these microbes are, Lynch will spend the next year finding out. Supporting her work is a recently announced Ford Foundation fellowship.
Despite the wealth of information about how bacteria communicate, little is known about how quorum sensing proceeds during an infection. Georgia Tech researchers describe for the first time how close bacteria need to be to “talk” in an environment similar to chronic infection in cystic fibrosis.